After setting goals for 2016, and having them keep me fairly accountable, I have come up with some more goals for 2017 – and learned a few things from last year’s goals, as well.
1. Obtain my BCaBA. By the end of December 2017, I will have obtained my certification to call myself a BCaBA. I am registered for my next subject at FIT (and am currently very excited to start, we’ll see how long that lasts!), and am all good for supervision hours. Hopefully sitting the exam in August!
2. Maintain Client Case Load By the end of December 2017, I will have at least 15 clients.
I currently have a maximum of 15 clients, and will want to ensure I still have 15 clients throughout the year.
3. Have 100 newsletter subscribers. By the end of December 2017, I will have at least 100 people subscribed to my monthly newsletters.
I send out monthly newsletters, that just have a little bit of information about what we’ve been up to each month. Hopefully a few more people will want to find out.
4. Have 750 “likes” on Facebook. By the end of December 2017, I will have 750 ‘likes’ on Facebook.
Again, using Facebook to share information that is hopefully relevant to a few people, and having a few more “likers” will allow me to reach more people.
5. Have at least 1 poster/presentation at a conference. By the end of December 2017, I will have had either a presentation, or a poster, at at least one conference.
I’m aiming for just one presentation/poster because two is a lot of work, and if I am studying, it’s going to be a little harder!
6. Attend at least 2 conferences – 1 ABA, and 1 non-ABA. By the end of December 2017, I will have attended at least two conferences – 1 ABA specific, and 1 not ABA specific (Autism, Special Ed etc).
I want to attend a few conferences, and want to spread them out so they aren’t just all ABA ones (as much as I love them!)
7. Participate in 4 journal clubs. By the end of December 2017, I will have participated in at least 4 online journal clubs, by responding to at least 3 questions about each article.
I’ve started a little journal club with a few colleagues of mine, where we read one journal article every 3 months, with an ABA theme, and have discussion questions we can chat about.
8. Create fact sheets about common ABA terms/strategies for families, educators etc By the end of December 2017, I will have created at least 6 face sheets about common ABA terms/strategies for use by families, therapists, educators etc.
This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while with my families, so all the information is on one place. Hopefully leading to an app as well!
9. Complete my first aid and CPR. By the end of December 2017, I will have completed my first aid course, and be CPR certified.
I need to renew this, so figured I should add it to my goals because I have to do it anyway!
So there we go. I think these are a little less ambitious than last year’s but that is what I have learned to do! Also, given that I will be studying for 3/4 of the year as well… it’s probably safer to keep smaller, more manageable goals.
I’ll check in every 3 months, to see how things are going!