Goal Update - December 2017
Well, it is the end of the year (already!) Let’s see how I went with my goals.
1. Obtain my BCaBA. By the end of December 2017, I will have obtained my certification to call myself a BCaBA.
Done! I’ve loved being able to say *finally* that I am a BCaBA :D
2. Maintain Client Case Load By the end of December 2017, I will have at least 15 clients.
Definitely keeping on board with my “no-more-than-fifteen” clients in 2018!
3. Have 75 newsletter subscribers. By the end of December 2017, I will have at least 75 people subscribed to my monthly newsletters.
At the end of 2017, I have 94 people subscribed to my monthly newsletter, providing updates on what GSBS has been up to, as well as other relevant information.
4. Have 750 “likes” on Facebook. By the end of December 2017, I will have 750 ‘likes’ on Facebook.
At the end of the year, I am at 751 ‘likes’ on Facebook, reaching quite a few people with interesting and relevant posts.
5. Have at least 1 poster/presentation at a conference. By the end of December 2017, I will have had either a presentation, or a poster, at at least one conference.
I unfortunately was unable to present any research at a conference this year, but am working towards 1-2 for 2018.
6. Attend at least 2 conferences – 1 ABA, and 1 non-ABA. By the end of December 2017, I will have attended at least two conferences – 1 ABA specific, and 1 not ABA specific (Autism, Special Ed etc).
I recently attended the ABAA Annual Conference in Sydney, which was great! Planning out my 2018 conferences, and looking for a non-ABA one to attend.
7. Participate in 4 journal clubs. By the end of December 2017, I will have participated in at least 4 online journal clubs, by responding to at least 3 questions about each article.
I think we kind of lost our momentum by the end of the year. We did manage to read and discuss 3 articles! Hopefully we can get back on track, in 2018.
8. Create fact sheets about common ABA terms/strategies for families, educators etc By the end of December 2017, I will have created at least 6 fact sheets about common ABA terms/strategies for use by families, therapists, educators etc.
Due to some changes in programs, I have managed to create six resource sheets on a range of different topics! They may need to be revised, and re-formatted, but they are done!
What a crazy/great year it has been. So much has happened, and it has been a huge year for learning, and applying new skills. 2018 is already shaping up to be pretty busy, but I will continue to set myself some goals, and check in frequently, to help keep me accountable