School Holiday Fun!
This week was the first week of school holidays in NSW, which means a big change from the day to day routine of a lot of our school-aged clients.
It also means a good opportunity to find new things to do, and lots of different environments, to practice all our skills in!
This week, we have worked on:
- following instructions in the community
- staying with Mum, Dad, Gran, the group, while out at the shops
- waiting in line for super fun waterslides and ropes courses
- taking turns with siblings at the park
- communicating effectively to get our needs across, when not at home
- and lots of other incidental skills too!
It has been a lot of fun, and good to get out and do something different. It's also great to see the generalisation of skills from home, or school, to very different environments.